icon of Mark prev up

Sloth
And right in the center of town, too! (Big image, small.)

Last days of the tour, December 26 and 27

Saturday, December 26, breakfast and packing, say a fond farewell to Villa Caletas, then pile onto the bus for our return to San José. We left at 0900, and there would be a few stops before we got back to the Grano de Oro.

Most notably, we stopped in the town of Orotina, which has a central park renowned for having a certain kind of owl in residence, as well as a few sloths. In the tree canopy, of course. We saw no owls, but got excellent views of the sloth, who was not only awake (!) but feeding on leaves up there. We walked around a while before starting out again. Even though I had my camera hanging about my neck, I took pictures of nothing but the sloth, and as happens so often, the pictures all look alike. The one above is representative. But after all, they don’t have all that much personality.

At this point, my journal stops. Says nothing about the rest of the drive to San José, nothing about dinner at the Grano de Oro, nothing about our discovery the next morning that we might have some delays in returning home. For all that, you’ll have to consult Mark’s page. Below, however, are pictures of the courtyard outside our room, which was on the ground level this time.

garden, I garden, II
Big image, small Big image, small
garcen, III garden, IV
Big image, small Big image, small

A wonderful and most excellent tour, thanks to Leo and the equally sharp-eyed Sergio.

Previous day’s pictures. Return to the central Costa Rica page; to the central travel page; to my home page.